Active Transportation Policy Fellow
Greater Washington DC for the Safe Routes to School National Partnership
Posted by Christine Green
The Active Transportation Fellow will work with the Regional Network Manager and Greater Washington DC Regional Policy Manager to advocate for improved transportation funding allocations and policies for Safe Routes to School, Complete Streets and walking and bicycling. Please review the scope of work for the position for detailed information and application instructions.
Required qualifications for the Greater Washington DC Active Transportation Policy Fellow include:
- Demonstrated experience in social media
- Student work or personal work in bicycle and pedestrian advocacy or policy
- Knowledge of Safe Routes to School and/or Complete Streets
- Ability to write case studies, participate in work groups and present to a variety of audiences
- Self-starter and detail-oriented
- Proficient with social media such as Twitter, Facebook and WordPress, PCs and with MS Office software.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply early. Telephone inquiries are not accepted. We look forward to hearing from qualified candidates interested in joining our dynamic, visionary and growing non-profit.
More information at: http://saferoutesgreaterwashington.wordpress.com/author/saferoutesgreaterwashington/